This building for ‘Infants’ was officially opened on 26 September 1941 by the Honorable H. A. Bruce MLA, secretary for Public Works and Public Instruction. During the Second World War and not long after students had begun using the building, it was seconded by the Australian Army for administration uses and all of the Yeronga ‘Infants’ students were sent home and their school education was deferred.